Pupils at the Short Stay School for Norfolk will have the following opportunities for independent information, advice, and guidance:
- During admission, the Reintegration Officer will discuss every pupil’s aims and ambitions for post-16 education.
- All year 11 pupils will meet the IAG lead in the Autumn Term to help pupils to select and apply for courses through the Help You Choose website.
- The Short Stay School will ensure that our pupils are aware of upcoming events at colleges and FE/AP placements in their area.
- We encourage our pupils to have made their applications by Christmas. Our IAG lead will target intervention at those pupils who have not applied or who are finding it difficult to choose.
- The Short Stay School will endeavour to introduce IAG interviews for all pupils from year 8 upwards.
- During morning lessons, pupils receive advice and guidance on local colleges and making applications within the local labour market.
- We host a range of mock interview experiences for all pupils early in year 11 to provide our pupils with a meaningful encounter with an employer.
Norfolk County Council’s annual progression report is the most robust Post 16 destination information. This indicates a rising trend for leavers in terms of both the % in Education, Employments and Training (EET) and the level of Post-16 qualifications accessed:
- 2017 leavers: 63% EET
- 2018 Leavers: 77% EET
Post 16 qualifications
- Level 3: 1% 2017 leavers; 5% 2018 leavers
- Level 2: 11% 2017 leavers; 22% 2018 leavers
- Level 1: 32% 2017 leavers; 38% 2018 leavers